Sunday, July 24, 2011

still waiting...

I'm still waiting for a pathology surgeon to call me...I called the "we care program" a couple of times and left a message but they have not called me back yet :-( I was hoping I would know by today what clinic would take care of me!

But I have good news too. The Donna Hickens foundation called me and gave me great information. They will send a volunteer, a breast cancer survivor, for mental support and to guide me through my treatment. They go with me to Dr. appointments and help me understand what's going to happen. That's just what I need.

Other than that I'm ok. I would say it's an up and down. One day I feel very overwhelmed and tired the other day I feel great and think the Dr made a wrong diagnosis. My phone is ringing 50 times per day. People keep telling me to stay on top of things now because soon I won't be able to. I'm trying my best but it's to much information sometimes. Sometimes I talk to somebody on the phone for 2 min and don't even know who it is on the other line. So many new names, new medical terms and words, so many things I have to take care of.

But I can't complain. Everybody has been great to me. The owner of the beauty pageant we went to yesterday talked to me yesterday and told me she would like to organize a pageant in my name to get donations. That lady has never met me in her life before. Americans are great people, it's the government that makes them look bad.

I'm very tired now. I took Chloe to the pool today because I want her to spend as much time with me as possible. I don't want her to suffer from all this, her little spirit needs to stay happy and healthy and that's all I care about!

The lady from the Hickens foundation told me today I should expect 6 months for the entire process. We can do that. I'm just scared of chemotherapy. I know it's painful, the word sounds painful already!

Hopefully I'll get the phone call tomorrow that I'm waiting for!

No comments:

Post a Comment