Sunday, July 24, 2011

dirty old cancer!

I didn't want to write a note tonight because I was tired, exhausted and angry. But then I got all those nice messages and phone calls and thought I have to take the time and make an update.

Today was a long day. I did a MRI first. They put dye in my bloodstream to make the cancer cells visible in my body. I could taste and smell the dye. It tasted like plastic. I read about it but didn't think they would ever use that technique on me. Oh well I thought I could't get cancer either...After that I had a mammogram. When they reviewed the images they saw something in my other breast :-( So I had to get two biopsies. One from my lymph node under my left arm and one from the lump in my right breast. Nightmare...that's all I can say! Then another mammogram.

The doctor ordered a CT scan and another test I think. They want to get as much information as possible.

I will start pre chemotherapie. I think that's how they called it. Then the surgery. Chemotherapy and Radiation after. Ugh they told me when I do chemo, let's say on monday. I will be crappy until wednesday. That might go for weeks.

I'm worried about Chloe. I wish she was older and was in pre school or kindergarten already.

I am so so so thankful that I had my friend Sinem with me today. I could not do all this without her.

I apologize to the people I didn't call back today. I'm so exhausted and I'm about to drag myself to bed. I will call back tomorrow, I promise.

The hospital will call me with my results in 2 days. I will meet my oncologist then and discuss my chemotherapy. After that my surgery will be scheduled.

Please stick around, I need your motivation...

1 comment:

  1. I don't know you, but I felt the need to tell you to be strong and take courage. In 2008, I applied for a job and part of the application process was to do a TB test. It came out positive even though I had not been to another country in 7 years. Immediately I was told I needed to do a chest x-ray to clear up any problems. 5 minutes after I drove away from the hospital, I received an urgent call from the radiologist. They had discovered a lump the size of a golf ball pushing its way between my left lung and my spine. I had shortness of breath for many years but never paid attention to it. I too am a single mom. I worried about who would raise my son. But God had other plans. When I had surgery, the lump was taken out and determined to be benign. Your story turned out a little differently, but the path for full recovery, triumph and victory are still possible through faith...in God and the abilities He has allowed the doctors to attain to help you beat this. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete