Wednesday, July 27, 2011

after my pet scan

So last night I had a little breakdown as you can read. It's called the cancer blues...I've read about it. But I can assure you that I'm better today. I got up, took a shower, put on some make up and even styled my hair. I thought as long as I still have it, I might as well use it! I got high on some Lore tabs, and I was myself agin. Almost.
I was thinking about everything last night. And I came to the conclusion that it could be worse. I still have all my body parts, I can walk and drive, don't need assistance, I can eat by myself and go to the bathroom by myself. There are many people that can't do that. So I need to stop letting this thing control me and my life. I will not be sad anymore and when I'm in pain I will take pain medication. That's what they are for, right?
Every time I see one of my friends I see they look at me different. I see they are worried and I feel so bad. I'm asking myself what have I done so great in their life that they care so much. I can't figure it out. Humans are just interesting to me. I think it's in our nature to care about each other in tough times.
I really want to thank my grandmother Sonja. She has been watching Chloe for many of my appointments and has done so many great things for me. She was the one that found my support group. And just today she bought me things I need for my house, like toothpaste, toilet paper, juice, paper towel. Chloe loves her and I'm so happy she gets to spend time with her "krentma" like she always says.
The pet scan wasn't as bad as the MRI. They injected radioactive fluid called "the tracer" in my vein and I had to sit still in a dark room for about 30 min. The fluid sticks to all fast growing cells, like cancer cells. Then I had to lay down on a table that was moved into the Pet scanner, a doughnut-like shaped machine. The machine took 3D pictures of my entire body. The fluid is suppose to glow up on the pictures. That took about 25 min. The results will be back in 2-3 days.
All the new things we have learned!
Oh by the way, I had 400 visitors in 2 weeks. I really don't know where all the traffic comes from but I wish everybody would leave me some feedback or tell me how they found my blog!
I'm starting to record videos very soon!

4 comments:

  1. Hey!
    I got the link to your page from Sinem. I'm so sorry for what's happening to you.
    My grandma had breast cancer too. She won the fight against it. She always said "I'm not ready to go. There are still so many things to do." That was her mantra. She wrote it on Post-it's and put them all over her apartment. She never ran out of motivation. Maybe that's a good idea for you too. Create your own mantra.
    I don't know you, but I'm pretty sure you can handle it.
    I'll pray for you and keep following your blog :)
    Nathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I am glad you are taking the pain medicine, people think if they take pain medicine it will mess with their minds and they dont like how they feel, but legitimate pain they do not do that to, it takes care of the pain so you can function. I am praying for you and will help in anyway with the fundraiser. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got your page from Lou I went to Middle and High School with him. My name is Esther. I can only offer you prayer right now..and I am praying clear across the other side of the world. Be strong, beat the blues, soon as they start to creep on you call someone.---I also left you a comment under the "Dirty old cancer" post.

    ReplyDelete