Sunday, July 24, 2011

Don't even know where to start

So as some of you know already my appointment with the doctor did not go well yesterday. He told me the tumor is 8.7 cm now, it did spread into my Lymph nodes and I have to start chemotherapy asap. That will shrink the tumor so the removal will be more successful. I'm getting a port installed in my chest tomorrow. It's surgically put under the skin where a catheter connects the port to a vein. Then I'm ready for chemotherapy. I could write more specifics about the kind of chemo I'm getting but it's not very interesting. Of course there are many many side effects. Hair loss (they told me within 2 weeks) nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, of course loss of weight, fatigue, fever...and many many more! It's just scary. I feel like I'm going to turn into a monster!! I feel ok right now, I'm just very tired and I have all kinds of body aches. My ribs hurt the most.

I can feel how sad the people around me are getting because they realize how serious it is. But I really trust my doctor team and the nurses that are taking care of me. They explain everything very well and are very caring. Baptist is a great hospital and I'm so thankful that they are the ones taking care of me.

I will have a cat scan soon to find out if there is more cancer somewhere else in my body.

I feel so bad for Chloe. I really don't have much time to take her to the park and soon we won't be able to go swimming either. Now would be the perfect time to start daycare of pre school. She has no interaction with other children at all and she is bored out of her mind. Poor thing doesn't even know what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment